The Junior Auxiliary of Rankin County awards Crown Scholarships to Rankin County high school students based on community service, academics, leadership and financial need. The number and amount of these scholarships vary each year depending on project funding and the number of applicants.
Tammy Lass Scholarship
Additionally, each year our chapter awards the Tammy Lass Scholarship in memory of Tammy Lass, a JARC member who lost her battle to cancer. This $1,000 scholarship is given to a Rankin County high school senior who has suffered the loss of a parent due to an illness or accident.
- Submit a completed online application form.
- Student to submit the following items via file upload within the online application or email with student name in the subject line to ScholarshipJARC@gmail.com:
- A brief essay on “Why I should be considered for the Junior Auxiliary Scholarship” to which you are applying (Crown or Tammy Lass)
- A recent photograph suitable for newspaper publication
- The following items must be submitted via email directly to ScholarshipJARC@gmail.com
- Official high school transcript received from the school counselor or other designated school official
- Two (2) letters of recommendation received from a teacher, coach, pastor, employer, youth leader, etc.
Completed applications and all requested documentation must be submitted to ScholarshipJARC@gmail.com by March 15, 2018, to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Those selected as scholarship award recipients will be recognized by a JARC committee member at their school’s Senior Awards ceremony.